.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Almost Christmas!


.....counting down the minutes until school finishes today.
And then....it's Christmas :)

The last posting date, for parcels at least has now passed.
If, like me, you have a package that you need guaranteed to arrive for Christmas, a great idea is to consider using a courier service. I had very large package that I needed delivered within the London area, I knew mailing it would be tricky (I needed to guarantee it would arrive intact) & possibly expensive - and the queues at my local post office are totally ridiculous this time of year.
I considered driving my large box to its destination but didn't really have time just before Christmas.

A friend mentioned using a courier service, something I'd never even considered before. 

www.anyvan.com/courier-services provides precisely this kind of service and could not be easier to use. You literally type in your postcode & the delivery postcode & it gives you a range of quotes - for my package, the given range of prices were all cheaper than if I booked a taxi to take me there - I was really impressed. 

Transport companies basically compete for your booking so it makes sense for them to give you a reasonable quote - if you can be flexible about your delivery date, you tend to get more quotes. For my package to be delivered on a specific date, I received 6 quotes.
I accepted the cheapest quote and was extremely pleased with the service.

It worked out brilliantly and was absolutely economically viable.
You don't have to have an account or send parcels regularly....definitely worth checking out.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the service!

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...