.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's My Music.....So Bite Me.....

The other day at work I was having a bit of a rare mini-break (my brains felt like they were about to fall out - one of those kinda days), and I was listening to a song on You Tube.

A colleague (who I like and get on well with) walked by and noticed/heard what I was listening to.

Well...... shock horror.

He wanted to know why on earth I would be listening to 'that'.

He said 'How old are you?', and mentioned there must be something wrong with me because that was one of his 16 year old daughter's favourite songs at the moment. I was more grown up than that, surely?

Ahem.

What?

Since when do I 'have' to listen to any type of music because it's age appropriate for me?

I know how to behave like a grown-up. I know how to 'be' within the context of my work and with various people.

If he hadn't walked by my corner of the office world he'd never have known I was listening to it.

It wasn't effecting him badly in any way.

Nor was it effecting or changing me in any way, except for the better.

I am who I am.

I like a bit of daft, pop music now and then.

It makes me happy!!!!

So bite me. :)

The moral of the story is, listen to music that makes you feel happy, because that's what music is for. It's not to put you in a box or categorise you.... it's to make you feel good, or motivate you, or to help you vent your feelings, or whatever the heck you want it to do.

I wanted to feel happy.

So I listened to a silly, teenager type song.

At least when I'm at home in my loungeroom no-one questions my cognitive growth because I'm exercising my inner child a bit!

Oh, by the way, this is the song....... and I still love it. Hah.




Linda. xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...