.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Do You Have One Of These?


Lately my energy has been diverted away from those things I consider a part of my 'calling' towards things that have to be done to keep the budget ticking over and ensure the bills get paid.

Unfortunately, this has trampled all over the time I spend with friends and family, and just as importantly (for me), the time I spend with myself and in the process of doing the things that nurture my soul and feed my creativity.

The balance has been lost, and for the moment, it's going to be staying that way as I forge through the year ahead trying a new day job on for size. I've dedicated at least one whole year to it to see what it brings.... but I have to say, if it continues to impede what I consider to be my true calling, it may indeed have to bite the dust.

Currently, the time I used to dedicate to getting my courses (Pathways to Home and The Tiny Tidy Challenge) ready has disappeared down a fast moving sink hole, then drained away. This is not good for my overall life-time dreams and goals.

Taking on this new job has, however, been an extremely clarifying and eye opening experience that has helped bring many things in my life into sharp focus. For that, I am truly grateful no matter how long I continue to do it.

I truly do believe if you feel you have a 'calling', you must follow it with all your heart. I think I've made the path to my calling a little hard to follow for a while, but I'll never lose sight of it, and I'm more passionate about it than ever.

Do you have a 'calling'?

Are you following it in your life now?

Linda. xox

PS: Thank you to those who have signed up to the Tiny Tidy Challenge in the last couple of weeks! I promise it will be on its way before the end of the year. That's not as soon as I would have liked it to happen, but I'm determined it WILL happen!

******

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...