.

Friday, July 1, 2011

A Pinterest of My Own!

I recently saw this on Pinterest and loved it!

From: Talia Christine: Once Upon A Time...

Then, at our baby shower, my friend set up this activity for the guests (see the entire shower post here).

After the shower, she gave me the frame and board. I took numerous photos of it but I wasn't sure it would necessarily fit in the nursery. I loved the frame so much that I decided to dismantle it and attempt to create the frame that I had previously seen on Pinterest.  Here is my version:
 I used a 99 cents package of upholstery tacks to hold the twin on. 
 I have been holding onto these clothespins from our wedding 3 years ago. I originally took a package of these natural wood pins and placed them in a ziplock bag with some dark stain. I used them to hold down our place cards for guests. Now they have a new and exciting life in the nursery. 

 I love numbers and will grab railroad tie nails any chance I get. I found this one at a flea market in Eugene a long time ago (read about my flea market finds here). 
Baby Wilson is due on July 26th so I thought it was only fitting to use the nail from 1926. July 26th is also our anniversary so that is why I originally picked this one up. 
I love how the photos on the one from Pinterest look like polaroid's. Once baby Wilson is here, I plan on printing a collection of photos in a polaroid style and doing something similar. For now, the most recent baby announcements of all of baby Wilson's friends hang on the board. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...