.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Susan G Komen 3 Day Inspiration - Stacey Malis

I have taken on an incredible challenge. On Nov. 19-21, I'll be walking 60 miles over the course of three days, camping out at night with thousands of other women and men taking this journey with me.



A couple years ago my sister Stacey, was diagnosed with breast cancer. She’s been through countless chemotherapy and radiation sessions, and a big surgery and has never stopped fighting or lost hope. Through everything she’s remained my mentor and friend and guided me through all my major life decisions from having a baby to getting married. Growing up she was the one who always gave the best Christmas presents, potty-trained me, and took me to all the best theme parks. Stacey has been more than a sister to me. She’s been my friend, my role model, and teacher. She is currently in Phase 4 and just started going to City of Hope last month. I would do anything to make her life easier. One in eight women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. That's why I'm walking in the 3-Day for the Cure. Because everyone deserves a lifetime.
It's for an event called the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. Net proceeds from the Komen 3-Day for the Cure are invested in breast cancer research and community programs. Komen for the Cure® works hard to build a future without breast cancer, and I have pledged to raise $2,300 to help bring us closer to that goal.
Please consider making a donation of at least $75. If you can't give this amount all at once, you can spread it out over four months, using the payment plan option, if you donate online at The3Day.org. Please also ask your employer if they will double your donation with a matching gift.
Just follow this link to visit my personal fundraising Web page and make a donation. If you don't want to donate online, please download and print a donation form from my Web page and mail it to the address on the form. Or you can call 800-996-3DAY to donate over the phone.

Sincerely,

Lisa



P.S. please don’t wait.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...